Creative Writing – Stories
We have already discussed the different aspects of writing a story based on an oral activity or a picture.
Today we will try to practice what we have learned.
1. Write a story including a given sentence.
a. Start your story with one of the following opening sentences.
- He walked around the block three times before he stopped in front of the white door.
- She had seen him many times before, but they had never met.
- We thought he was joking.
- Nothing in her entire life had prepared her for this.
b. End your story by using one of the following sentences (One of the following will be the last sentence of your story):
- But it was too late by then.
- We never mentioned it again.
- Oh, well, you can't win them all.
c. Write a story that includes one of the following sentences. The sentence may appear anywhere in the story:
- At first he couldn 't tell what it was.
- "I don 't know what you should do", he said.
- To tell you the truth, I was scared to death and I wanted to back out.
- "But why? I just don't understand why," I cried.
- And then I heard them calling my name.
- "Oh, please don't answer!" she prayed as the phone rang for the third time.
- "Oh, by the way, my name is…"
- "Do you mind if I sit here?"
2. Other Stories
- There is one Rosh Hashana or Yom Kippur that I will nevere forget. Describe what happened on that special occasion.
- You have just returned to your house and found two thieves. Describe what happened, how you reacted, what you did…
- Describe an imaginary world in which there is no sickness, no old age or death.
- You have just discovered an oil well in your backyard. Describe your feelings and plans.
And that's all for today. More creative writing ideas in my next post.